Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Interesting Time...

     This Sunday I had a presentation for Peru at my local church. It actually went surprisingly well. People were very interested in what I had to say, and what my newly knowledged brain had to offer. We put up donation baskets, and I received a good sum of money :) SOMD here I come!!! I played the slide show I made for my YWAM DTS graduation, and hearing all the laughing and the "aweees" was just awesome. It was just really good for my home church to really understand my goals and dreams, and it meant alot to know that they were all there supporting me and praying for me.
    It was good trying to explain things, but it was also hard for me because, honestly, I didn't know how to answer all the questions asked of me. Questions like, "So, what do the people in Peru do all day?", or "So, where do they bathe?" It just kills me, but I do the best explaining I can. I miss the people there, and I just wish there was more I can do, but all I can do is pray at the moment.
     As of now, I am working two jobs! Although, hours around here are slim in both work areas. I still work at Tommy Hilfiger, going on, I do believe 5 years!! Now, I also waitress at a place some of you may be familiar with, Johnny Rockets. I like it alot, and I need money for SOMD, so might as well have fun while I'm doing it. I enjoy the people I work with, I get talk to people, in fact the more you interact with the customers, the better! I even get to dance to old fifties songs! I have to wear a red ribbon in my hair and a black bow tie, and listen to fifties songs ALL. DAY. LONG. I love it.
     Another thing. As some of you may know, my father is very sick. In fact, we are pretty sure it won't be another month. He has cancer in his kidneys, and liver, and now apparently he has pneumonia. He is on morphine and I know its coming to an end. I honestly don't know how I'm feeling about all this. I guess you could say I have my good times and my bad times. Sometimes I just want to spill my guts, others I just will sit in complete silence, contemplating all my thoughts. Sometimes I just break down in fear, others I'll be laughing. I hope I don't slowly get to a numb state. I constantly pray to God to save me from this coming grief, yet there is a time to grieve. God is my shelter and my comfort though. He is close to the broken hearted. Please keep him in your prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment