Monday, October 17, 2011

Half Way

     I haven't written for a long time wow. Where do I even start? So since my last trip to the city, I haven't gone back for ministry yet. Things keep going wrong, with cars, timing, days, I don't even know. So that didn't work out to well. I was supposed to go to record somethings for Ricardo, but things just didn't work out! Now, sadly I'm eating cough drops religiously so I don't get the cough that is trying to creep up on me. I have been doing little things around the base, obviously cleaning everyday, haha, or typing up things for the base, or translating things, teaching, things along that line. Then it hit me, there had to be more than this. So I realized that I went to the market everyday with Licha, our wonderful cook to get the food for lunch. As I went there everyday I started to see how relationships could easily be made there. For example there is a girl named Erica who sells us vegetables and fruits. We talk every time I go! So I turned it into my personal ministry. The first day I went I passed out, I don't want to say tracks, but in a sense, like pretty designed "love notes" from God. It went over well. I then asked them what they thought about it, forgetting I'm not fluent in Spanish, yet somehow I understood. Things went so well, I went back to the base to set my next plan into motion. I wrote a survey, my friend Neitan, helped me translate, but it was an easy way to evangelize. So I did it, I made copies, and I even printed out the Lord's prayer in Spanish just in case. The next day I brought someone who kind of spoke English with me. We talked to a couple of people, and a guy named Fidel even gave his life to Jesus that day! It was great! Something I started because God told me to, and I was actually seeing God work through us! I try to go to the market everyday too!


     This weekend I went to Mexico City to go shopping with Licha and buy a few things for me and my friends back home. It was quite the trip. I saw amazing things, and soooo many people. I was shoved more times than I can count!!! I loved it though, there were street vendors, illegal street vendors, whenever the police came, they whipped up their stuff and ran! It was quite the experience, I even bought a Mexican blanket! I love it!


     Sunday, I actually gave my first teaching at Iglesia Christian Manantial Vida. I was asked to give three teachings for the next three Sundays. yesterday I taught 18 teenagers about relationships. It was AMAZING. They were really receptive, and asked questions, and they actually answered my questions. I didn't even get to finish my teaching and it was over an hour! The best part was, afterwards, some even told me how much my teaching had got them to think, how they actually received something from it. It was amazing because a lot of what I said wasn't off the paper, it was because I asked God what he wanted me to say. It was great! The next teaching is about cross-cultural relationships. That should be fun. I am realizing I actually love teaching! I really think being a youth leader would be a great idea. 


     About how I am right now. I'm struggling. Truth is, it's hard when you're in a different culture being the only one. I don't have anyone to really explain it to me, and I always find myself being in situations were I HAVE to speak Spanish. It's frustrating. At times I feel alone, I know I'm not, I know God is always there, but it's a battle. God is strengthening me now, when I feel these ways I know I should go to Him. He's sitting there waiting for me to cry for help. I'm realizing I'm stronger than I thought I was. God says He will NEVER give you more than you can handle and the way I view life is that whatever trial you face, something, SOMETHING, anything good will come of it. It may take a while, but ultimately something will, even if its as small as a realization, or a lesson. God is using me in ways I would have never imagined. I am His shining light, and I'm not gonna let my light fade. Even by my actions here, the people at the base tell me they can see my heart. Even though at times I'm dying to hear English or see a cheeseburger and not a taco, I know God put me here for a reason, and I'm not gonna give up until it's completed. Also, I'm fasting Facebook, so for those of you who watch my status', don't be offended, if you need me, e-mail me. I need to focus more on ministry not what is going on at home. 


     Please pray for me to focus, to hear God's voice clearly, for strength, compassion, and confidence! Thank you guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment