Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Time Has Flown

So, I'm sorry about not blogging sooner. I just got a new computer and I tried maybe about 10 times to post something, and then it all was lost, pretty depressing. Gee wow, I know I have to keep blogging, I do, but I forget sometimes, anyways. So I read my last post in like October, SO MUCH HAS CHANGED...

     Where do I even begin? OK Well in October I was staying at my beloved boyfriend's family's house. They were so accepting and helpful when I needed a place to stay. I stayed there until about June. I recently moved out to my own apartment!!!! I have a roommate sent from God. She's so perfect for me, exactly what God knew I needed in a roommate. It's pretty nice, small, but two bedrooms. andddd I have the best dog in the world. Already tagged That is him, click on it! I'm not too good with this new computer yet. He's a long haired mini dachshund. Love him more than air!

     My boyfriend and I are doing well. He's been a great support system through all of this. Hmm yeah that "dream job" that I was telling you all about... Didn't work out I guess God had different plans... As of now, I'm a nanny for two kids 7 and 8. The family is great. I've been working with them since January and it works well with my school schedule as well. Ahhh speaking of school. I am almost done with my associates in humanities and social science, then on to my bachelors in psychology. My dream is to open a safe house for orphans ages 18-25, because I mean come on, legally when orphans are under 18 they have to have someone take care of them, that's not always the case, but thats they way it's supposed to be. Anyway and when you are over 25, you sort of have it all together, I guess, or supposed to. I want to have a place for that age group to come. I want to help them figure out what to do after their loss, help them find a job, place to live, figure out finances, counsel them, tell them about God, etc. I think it's a great idea, and since God is awesome and uses the horrible things that happen in our life for our benefit if we trust Him. I feel like I would be good in that since because I've overcome that part of my life... I want to either live in Minneapolis or South America, I know crazy but I have a huge heart for the Spanish culture. 

     So my mom's one year passed, it actually wasn't as hard on that specific day, it's been heart the weeks after. I ordered her gravestone, and there is just a permanence that I wasn't expecting when I saw her name on that stone. It hurt my heart in a way that I wasn't ready for. I guess subconsciously, since I never saw her name above the grave it wasn't really true. She was just hiding and would come back. So I guess ever since then, I've been having a hard time, but I've really been seeking God out and He always sends such peace and mercy. 

     Really cool story, my puppy Jed and I went to the park, I really didn't want to but for some reason I felt I had to. We walked past a lady who seemed to be in a heated argument. She looked familiar. Jed happened to walk back and forth past her, and she eventually commented on how cute he was. After she opened up and told me she had to make an extremely hard decision. I proceeded to talk to her about it and then, she told me that she was in a hard spot because her father just passed away recently... CRAZY, I told her that I really did understand and I told her to never lose her faith. She was a believer which was awesome. The most interesting question she asked me was during all of the grief, did I rebel with drugs/drinking/ etc. I told her I was very bitter but no God is always there for me, I kept my faith and a light when off in her head. She told me she had been praying while sitting on the bench there asking God to send someone to let her know she wasn't alone... amazing how God works....

     Other things... I'm so excited about my upcoming mission trip. I have an opportunity to go to Nicaragua for three weeks. I'm going with a group called father heart missions. Brad and Ruth are the missionaries I will be staying with. I will be working with teens and youth and even speaking in spanish at the local churches, I mean if I can!!! I'm really excited about it. I need about $1400 more. I know that it is possible. God will always provide... http://funds.gofundme.com/index.php?route=fundmanager I will try very hard to update everyone more now that I have a mission trip to get ready for :) God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment